Shudokan Martial Arts Instructor
Kicks Karate, Inc. • 2015 – Present
Recruited to increase Shudokan martial arts studies via class instruction to educate knowledge of katas, self-defense, body strength, and good character to youth and adults. Maximized curriculum-based activities and formulated plans for self-improvement in physical and behavioral skills. Taught and motivated classes of cardio kickboxing by executing specific martial arts drills, calisthenics, and body weight training to improve wellness and health. Certified Black Belt: 1st Dan.
- Directed group and individual children’s and adult classes. Conducted training of kicks, punches, blocks, self-defense, and kata forms in an exciting and sociable formal manner; boosted learning experience.
- Informed students on philosophical education involving martial arts theory, thought, and practice. Furthered students’ knowledge on self-defense perspectives and confidence. Taught how to avoid physical confrontations.
- Trained new employees; acted as mentor. Provided one-on-one lessons for students. Organized camps for summer programs. Handled sales transactions of martial arts enrollments and merchandise. Acted as manager to run the facility in a successful manner.
Graphic Designer • Service Representative
Signs By Tomorrow • 2007 – 2013
Hired as a member of graphic design and customer service team to produce sign graphics for small and large format printing and accelerate project productivity. Achieved marketing and branding solutions for residential and commercial clientele. Oversaw company’s diverse range of assignments, executed product marketing strategies, managed projects, client relations, and communications from start to finish.
- Designed successful graphics for advertising and branding identity. Amplified client’s marketing solutions for their role in business. Resolved customer inquiries.
- Communicated with CEO concerning project timelines and product resolutions with Washington Redskins and Special Olympics that elevated visual communications of their brand.
- Informed clients on design development analysis; operated on trade shows and exclusive events. Utilized in-house computer software, delivered installations, and oversaw maintenance of professional printers and vinyl cutters. Estimated projects; processed payments for invoicing.
Group Leader • Class Instructor
Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission • 1996 – 2007
Joined parks and recreation team to contribute mentorship in school, summer, and before and aftercare programs for grades K-6 and occasionally youth teens. Cultivated and fostered positive reinforcement for youth groups, patrons, and workers alike in a widespread diverse setting. Furthered, awareness, programs, and events.
- Facilitated myriad of group activities in a structured environment. Contributed toward the operation of business and upheld company standards. Enriched a safe atmosphere.
- Trained life skills and motivated positive self-esteem and self-respect. Mentored volunteers.
- Achieved respectable relations with parents, youth, and members of the public community. Resolved personal conflicts among youth; improved social relations that generated mutual friendships.
University of Maryland College Park, College Park, MD
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Studio Art • 2006
Maryland College of Art and Design, Silver Spring, MD
Associates of Fine Arts (AFA) • 1999
High Point High School
Diploma in Arts • 1997
- Communication 85% 85%
- Leadership 85% 85%
- Team Work 75% 75%
- Problem Solving 70% 70%
- Interpersonal 90% 90%
- Microsoft Office Suite 65% 65%
- Photoshop • Illustrator • WordPress 70% 70%
- Fine Art 85% 85%
- Creative Writing 85% 85%
- Teaching/Instruction 85% 85%
- English 100% 100%
- French 5% 5%
Prince George’s Community College Workforce Development and Continuing Education
Child Growth and Development and Adult Health Development Program • 2006
- Successfully completed 40-hour credit course mentor program provided by Prince George’s Community College.